The national scientific research body CSIRO is partnering with Energy Makeovers for conducting a study in 500 homes across Australia to assess the energy used for heating and cooling.
Where and how your house is built can affect how much energy you need to use to keep the inside temperature comfortable throughout the year. CSIRO is investigating the inside temperature of 500 homes, alongside the amount of energy used to heat and cool the space.
Sign up today. It’s easy to take part!
If your house is less than 10 years old and you live in Adelaide, Brisbane or Melbourne, you can register to become one of the study households.
What are the benefits of taking part?
If you take part you will get a unique opportunity to understand how your home uses energy. Benefits include:
* learning how to reduce your energy bills
* a report on your home’s heating and cooling energy performance
* a set of infrared photographs that show if you are losing heating and cooling and where it is going
* A$100 cash for looking after and returning a pair of thermometers, and
* some homes may be eligible for installation of an energy monitor, valued at A$1500, to provide online access showing where your electricity is being used.
For more information on the project and registering to get involved, click here to see the CSIRO website.