The Victorian State Government state-wide solar rebate has been so popular that it booked out within 6 months. It is opening again in July 2019 and we expect a huge boost in enquiries, bookings and solar installation demand.Call us Enquire online
You might be curious about:
How does the Victorian Solar Rebate work?
The solar rebate offers eligible households the ability to claim a rebate up to $2,225 on the cost of a solar panel (PV) system or a $1,000 rebate for the replacement of hot water systems with solar hot water.
From July 2019, Victorians will be able to install an eligible 4kW solar panel system for half price and pay the rest of the cost back over four years with an interest-free loan.
*In order to apply for this rebate, you must contact Solar Victoria. Energy Makeovers can help you with your application.*
Victorian household eligibility requirements:
- a combined household income of less than $180,000 per annum before tax
- is an owner or occupier of a home valued at under $3,000,000
- does not already have a solar panel system installed on their property,
- chooses a Clean Energy Council (CEC) Approved Product (for solar panels) and uses a CEC Accredited Installer,
- chooses a product that is on the Clean Energy Regulator’s “Register of approved solar hot water heaters” (for solar hot water)
- has had an eligible solar panel system installed on or after 19 August 2018, and
- engages an installer who can provide a statement that they have not received a WorkSafe infringement notice in the past three years.
Your rebate must be approved before you install your energy system. You cannot install a system first and then retrospectively apply for the rebate.
If you have already installed a solar energy system without rebate claim approval, all is not lost, there’s help here.
What do installers need to do?
As an installer, we must provide you with the relevant documentation needed to apply for the rebate. The documentation we must provide is outlined in the rebate application form. We do not need to contact Solar Victoria on your behalf.
Get your quote now from Energy Makeovers so you’re ready to apply from 1st July when the applications re-open.Call us Enquire online